Ram 1500 vs. Ford F-150
2016 Ram 1500
2016 Ford F-150
Drivers from Maple Creek, Brooks, and Medicine Hat who are looking for a capable and feature-rich light truck are sure to have cast their eyes over both the 2016 Ram 1500 and the 2016 Ford F-150. Choosing the right one can be tough, with each model offering a range of power, efficiency, and body choices, along with a long list of standard and available features. So how do the 2016 Ram 1500 and the 2016 Ford F-150 match up against each other? Keep reading to find out.
Available Diesel Power
Both the 2016 Ram 1500 and the 2016 Ford F-150 offer several engine choices for drivers to choose from, but only the Ram is available with a diesel option. In fact, it’s the only light truck on the market that can be fitted with a diesel engine, and that comes with astounding benefits.
The optional 3.0L EcoDiesel is a legend in its own time, and has already been named to Ward’s 10 Best Engines list two years in succession. Alongside a respectable 240 hp, it can provide you with:
- Class-leading 420 lb-ft of low-end torque
- Recommended oil change intervals of up to 16,000 km
- Best-in-class fuel economy ratings of up to 11.3 L/100 km in the city and a stunning 8.0 L/100 km on the highway — the F-150 tops out at 12.3 L/100 km in the city and 9.2 L/100 km on the highway.
Best-in-Class Cargo Management
The 2016 Ram 1500 gets a big boost in popularity among Maple Creek, Brooks, and Medicine Hat drivers thanks to its EcoDiesel option, but that isn’t the only benefit it offers over competitors like the 2016 Ford F-150.
You’ll also be able to take advantage of the segment-exclusive RamBox Cargo Management system; it provides a lockable, weatherproof, LED-lit box to ensure that you can keep everything organized and find it in a hurry. The interior is just as practical, providing best-in-class cargo versatility thanks to the following standard and available amenities:
- Rear Under-Seat Storage Bins
- Fold-Flat Load Floor System
- Behind-the-Seat Storage
- Class-Exclusive In-Floor Storage
Ram has clearly invested a lot of time, money, and expertise into the development of the 2016 1500, and that has paid off with a wide collection of features and technologies that just can’t be had in the 2016 Ford F-150, including:
- Uconnect 8.4 Multimedia System: Offers an 8.4-inch touchscreen — the largest in this class — on which you can control everything from the interior climate to GPS navigation.
- Dual-Mode 4-Wheel Drive: Use the available electronic shift-on-demand transfer case to switch between the 4-HI setting for towing power and tackling slippery roads or the 4-LO setting to climb over tricky obstacles with ease thanks to a 2.64:1 gear reduction.
The 2016 Ram 1500 is Able to Outperform the 2016 Ford F-150
With a more comprehensive engine lineup and stronger features list, the 2016 Ram 1500 can provide Brooks and Maple Creek drivers with more than the 2016 Ford F-150. To find out more, just visit Jackson Dodge in Medicine Hat, AB to talk to one of our team members.