Great Cars on a Budget
We get that not everyone can afford the latest and greatest car. Whether it’s a top of the line luxury car, or even a brand new subcompact with great gas mileage, some vehicles may be out of your price range. But that doesn’t mean you can’t find a great car. Dodge has a reputation for sticking out the long haul, so even a used one will be a great asset to you, your family and your lifestyle.
What’s Your Price Point?
Once you know what you can afford, you have the bounds in which you can work. Make sure to keep this number in mind and stick to it! This will prevent you from borrowing or paying more than you can really afford. Keep a few things in mind.
- Don’t spend more than 20 percent of monthly income on car loans (and even that may be too much)
- Larger down payments will generally get you a better interest rate
- It will also result in fewer total payments
- Keep the full cost of the car in mind, such as tax, licensing, maintenance, insurance and more
- You may be able to find some wiggle room with a current car you can trade in for value
When you have your number, you can start your search. The key to a successful search is to base the entire process on what you can afford. Make a list of needs and a list of wants. Needs are the bare bone, must-haves that you require for your next car.
- Fuel efficiency
- Passenger capacity
Wants are things that are nice to have. You can look for these if there’s room within your budget.
- Leather Seats
- Satellite Radio
- Touch Screen Technology
What to Look For
There are a few good things to keep in mind when looking for your car:
- A well-maintained car with many miles is likely better than an old car with very few miles
- It’s helpful to have a mechanic you trust give you a second opinion on the car you’ve got an eye on.
- Both Asian and North American cars have solid, reliable models out there that stand the test of time very well.
- Stick to your price! This is the most important.
For extra peace of mind, remember that any pre-owned vehicle from Jackson Dodge has our Lifetime Engine Warranty, exclusively through the Knight Automotive group. All our vehicles have been inspected and tuned up by our certified technicians. You’ll receive extensive coverage for a small $200 deductible each time you visit. It’s a hard deal to beat.
Get Started Today
Now that you know how to find the best car for you while sticking to a budget, it’s time to put that knowledge into action. Stop in and talk to our dedicated staff. We’ll be glad to show you our impressive selection of used vehicles, and we know you’ll be happy with what we’ve got. So come by today, check them out and take one for a spin at Jackson Dodge.