2015 Jeep Cherokee vs. 2015 Honda CR-V
The 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers Medicine Hat and Lethbridge drivers far more than competitors like the 2015 Honda CR-V. Whether in terms of power, performance, or onboard technology, the Grand Cherokee remains unrivalled.
Range of Power
Unlike the 2015 Honda CR-V, the 2015 Jeep Cherokee is available with two engines, allowing Medicine Hat and Lethbridge drivers to decide upon their own blend of power and efficiency. Each one is paired to a Class-Exclusive 9-speed automatic transmission system which is naturally not offered with the 2015 CR-V.
With the Cherokee, you may select from:
- 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir I-4: This standard engine delivers an output equal to 184 horsepower and 171 lb-ft of torque for outstanding performance. It also includes an industry-first disconnecting rear axle for improved fuel economy.
- 3.2L Pentastar VVT V6: Fitted with start/stop technology to allow for enhanced efficiency, the Pentastar puts you in control of 271 horsepower and 239 lb-ft of torque.
Jeep continue to set the standard for off-roading, so it shouldn’t come as any surprise to Medicine Hat and Lethbridge drivers that the Grand Cherokee roundly outperforms the 2015 Honda CR-V when it comes time to tackle the trail. Industry insiders certainly seem to think so; the 2015 Cherokee was named ‘Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year’ by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada, and the ‘4×4 of the Year’ by FOUR WHEELER magazine.
Of course, the 2015 Jeep Cherokee also has the figures to back that superiority up. In fact, it provides superior performance to the CR-V across the board. Best-in-Class 4×4 capability is ensured by one of three 4×4 systems – the CR-V only offers one – so you can tailor your ride to meet the challenges ahead. It also enjoys a Best-in-Class towing capacity of up to 2,041 kg (4,500 lbs). At most, the CR-V allows for a paltry 680 kg.
Standard and Available Features
Of course, the 2015 Jeep Cherokee is about more than performance. It also offers some of the most advanced driving technology around. The following features, for example, are available with the Cherokee but not with the 2015 Honda CR-V:
- Selec-Terrain System: This terrain management system allows you to optimize your drive for Auto, Snow, Sport, Sand/Mud, and available Rock settings, just by turning a knob.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go: Uses radar and video sensors to maintain a consistence distance between yourself and the vehicle ahead, even bringing you to a stop and then starting forward once again.
- Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist: This innovative feature automatically locates an available parking spot, then steers your vehicle inside.
Come and Experience the Class-Leading 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Now that you understand how superior the 2015 Jeep Cherokee is to the competition, you’ll want to try one out for yourself. To do just that, simply come down to the showroom at Jackson Dodge. We hope our Medicine Hat and Lethbridge drivers visit us soon!