2015 Jeep Cherokee vs. 2016 Ford Escape
The 2015 Jeep Cherokee continues to provide Medicine Hat and Lethbridge drivers with a stunning drive, especially compared to the 2016 Ford Escape. Recently named ‘Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year’ by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada, the Cherokee is clearly an industry favorite.
Power and Performance
Both the 215 Jeep Cherokee and the 2016 Ford Escape come with a range of engine choices. However, both standard and available power is superior in the Jeep.
- Standard Power: The Cherokee’s standard 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir I-4 engine generates up to 184 horsepower and 171 lb-ft of torque, and also features an industry-first disconnecting rear axle. The Escape’s standard 2.5L Duratec lags behind, offering 168 horsepower and 170 lb-ft of torque.
- Available Power: The Cherokee’s available 3.2L Pentastar VVT V6 puts you in command of 271 horsepower and 239 lb-ft of torque, appreciably more than the 240 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque offered by the Escape’s available 2.0L EcoBoost.
With that kind of power, it should come as no surprise to learn that the 2015 Jeep Cherokee provides a Best-in-Class towing capacity of up to 2,041 kg (4,500 lbs). In contrast, the 2016 Ford Escape will only haul up to 1587 kg.
The 2015 Jeep Cherokee is one of the few full-sized SUVs which manages to bridge the divide between providing car-like on-road driving dynamics and plenty of backcountry potential. Unlike the 2016 Ford Escape, it ensures that Medicine Hat and Lethbridge drivers can handle the trail just as easily as they can cruise the highway by offering a number of cutting-edge systems, including:
- Class-Exclusive 9-Speed Automatic Transmission: This transmission system’s greater number of gears allows for rapid acceleration in the city, flawless efficiency on the highway, and tight control when traversing tricky terrain.
- Selec-Terrain System: Customize your drive to meet diverse challenges by cycling between Auto, Snow, Sport, Sand/Mud, and available Rock modes.
- Three Innovative 4×4 Systems: The 2016 Escape offers just one 4×4 system, while the Cherokee allows you to choose from either Jeep Active Drive I, Jeep Active Drive II, or Jeep Active Drive Lock 4×4 with 4-Low and rear locker.
The 2015 Jeep Cherokee’s technological superiority to the 2016 Ford Escape continues when you consider comfort and convenience features as well. Several systems are included in only the Cherokee, which we know our Medicine Hat and Lethbridge customers will want to have on their SUV:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go: Employs radar and video technology to maintain a preset distance between your Cherokee and the car ahead, based on your cruise control settings. It even stops and starts the vehicle, when necessary.
- Uconnect 8.4: This advanced multimedia center offers 3D mapping, voice control, and a Class-Exclusive 8.4-inch touchscreen.
The 2015 Jeep Cherokee Offers Unrivalled Capability
The 2015 Jeep Cherokee utterly outperforms the 2016 Ford Escape. To experience it for yourself, just come down to Jackson Dodge. We hope to see our Medicine Hat and Lethbridge customers soon!