2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee vs. 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe XL
The 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee is already the most awarded SUV off all time, so it’s no surprise that it offers Medicine Hat and Lethbridge drivers far more than the 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe. Power, efficiency, and capability are all superior with the 2015 Grand Cherokee, making it one of the most celebrated SUVs in the country.
Power and Efficiency
The 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe comes with just one engine: a 3.3L V6 GDI which offers 290 horsepower and 252 lb-ft of torque. Medicine Hat and Lethbridge shoppers will find those are acceptable numbers for an SUV of this size, but they can’t compete with the four options on offer from the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee:
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6: The Jeep’s diesel engines delivers 240 horsepower and a Best-in-Class 420 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.6L Pentastar V6: A three time winner of Ward’s ‘10 Best Engines’, this legendary engine churns out 290 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.7L VVT V8: With 360 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque, the 5.7L ensures an unstoppable ride.
- 6.4L HEMI SRT V8: This powerhouse supplies a formidable 475 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque.
Each engine is mated with a cutting-edge 8-speed transmission system, allowing for Best-in-Class efficiency ratings of 11.2 L/100km in the city and 8.4 on the highway with the 3.0L EcoDiesel. The best offered by the 2015 Santa Fe XL is 12.9 and 9.4.
It’s almost always preferable to have more power beneath the hood, but advanced systems need to be in place to ensure that horsepower and torque translate to confident backcountry driving. The 2015 Grand Cherokee benefits from numerous class-leading off-roading systems which are unavailable with competitors like the 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe XL, such as:
- Four 4X4 Systems: Medicine Hat and Lethbridge drivers can choose from the Quadra-Trac I, the Quadra-Trac II, the Quadra-Drive II, or the Quadra-Trac Active on-demand 4WD systems which are all available to ensure that traction stays reliable across all terrain types.
- Class-Exclusive Quadra-Lift Air Suspension: Raise the ride height by up to 95 mm to create a Best-in-Class ground clearance of 275 mm, allowing you to navigate the great outdoors with ease.
- Class-Leading Selec-Terrain Traction System: With up to five separate drive modes – Tow, Snow, Auto, Sport, and Track – you’ll be able to flawlessly suit your ride to the ground below.
Towing and Payload
SUVs aren’t just designed to brave the backcountry with ease, they’re also engineered to let you bring all your outdoor toys along for the ride. Jeep understand that, and have ensured that the 2015 Grand Cherokee can haul heavy.
While the 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe can only tow up to 2,268 kg, the Herculean Grand Cherokee boasts a Best-in-Class capacity of 3,265 kg. Whether you need to pull more cargo, or take a boat out to the lake, you’ll be in a better position to do so behind the wheel of a Jeep.
Come to Jackson Dodge and Test-Drive the 2015 Grand Cherokee
Jeep have always performed beyond the competition when it comes to SUVs, and the Grand Cherokee lives up to that reputation. To experience one today, simply come down to Jackson Dodge. We are conveniently located just a short drive from Lethbridge in Medicine Hat, so don’t delay. Come see us soon!