2015 Jeep Renegade vs. 2015 Chevrolet Trax
Compact crossovers are now more popular than ever before. Here at Jackson Dodge, the 2015 Jeep Renegade is a real crowd pleaser among drivers from Medicine Hat and Lethbridge. From its versatile off-roading capabilities to its spacious cabin, the 2015 Jeep Renegade can give you the convenience you’ve been looking for in a smaller sized vehicle.
In order to really show you what makes the 2015 Jeep Renegade unique, we’ve compared it side by side with the 2015 Chevrolet Trax, another great crossover option. Our comparison makes it clear that the 2015 Jeep Renegade is the better choice.
Prior to purchasing a smaller SUV, it’s key to make sure that it will be powerful enough to meet all of your driving needs. By taking a close look at the powertrain selections on the 2015 Jeep Renegade and 2015 Chevrolet Trax, it’s obvious that the Renegade is a more powerful model. While the Trax is equipped with a turbocharged 1.4L ECOTEC engine that gives off 138 hp and 148 Ib-ft of torque, the Renegade is available with the following stronger engines:
- 1.4L MultiAir I-4 Turbo: Even with the standard 1.4L MultiAir I-4 turbocharged engine, Renegade drivers can enjoy phenomenal power. With the 1.4L MultiAir I-4, you can expect 160 hp and 184 Ib-ft of torque.
- 2.4L MultiAir Tigershark I-4: For extra power, Medicine Hat and Lethbridge shoppers can opt for the 2.4L MultiAir Tigershark I-4 engine that produces an impressive 180 hp and 175 Ib-ft of torque when coupled with the class-exclusive nine-speed automatic transmission.
Jeep Exclusive Selec-Terrain Traction Management System
The Selec-Terrain traction management system that is not available on the 2015 Trax will make it easy for you to conquer any difficult road conditions in the Renegade. The system comes with four different settings that are designed specifically for snow, rock, mud, and sand driving surfaces.
Once you’re in your Renegade, you can manually choose the setting that’s right for the driving condition that currently exists. For even more simplicity, you can set the system to its automatic mode and allow it to adjust to the correct setting by itself. This revolutionary system truly makes the Renegade an excellent off-roading vehicle.
If you’re in need of a vehicle that can comfortably hold all of your passengers and cargo, the 2015 Renegade is the way to go. The Renegade is one of the most spacious compact crossovers out there and can offer Medicine Hat and Lethbridge drivers:
- Best-In-Class 1st and 2nd row headroom of 41.1 inches and 40.5 inches
- Best-In-Class 1st and 2nd row shoulder room of 55.9 inches and 55.1 inches
- Incredible interior volume of 118.6 cubic feet
Although both the Renegade and Trax were designed to fit 5 passengers, the Renegade is definitely the roomier option.
Take the 2015 Jeep Renegade Out for a Spin at Jackson Dodge
What are you waiting for? To experience the innovative 2015 Jeep Renegade, take a trip to Jackson Dodge today. Once you step foot into this exceptional crossover, you’ll be excited to drive it around Medicine Hat and Lethbridge.