2016 Dodge Dart vs. 2016 Chrysler 200
The 2016 Dodge Dart and the 2016 Chrysler 200 occupy two ends of the compact sedan spectrum, so Maple Creek and Brooks drivers need to think hard when picking between them. Everything from fuel efficiency to cabin atmosphere will be affected by the decision that you make, so keep reading to go through our quick comparison to ensure that it’s the right one.
Power and Efficiency
Engine options with the 2016 Dodge Dart include:
- 2.0L Tigershark I-4: Delivers up to 160 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque for an engaging drive. You’ll make 9.9 L/100 km in the city and 7.0 on the highway with a 6-speed automatic transmission or 9.4 and 6.5 with a 6-speed manual.
- 1.4L MultiAir I-4 Turbo: Produces 160 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque, all while making 8.4 L/100 km in the city and 5.9 on the highway with a 6-speed automatic or 8.5 and 5.8 with a 6-speed manual.
- 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir I-4: Makes up to an impressive 184 hp and 171 lb-ft of torque. Efficiency peaks at 10.5 L/100 km in the city and 6.7 on the highway.
The 2016 Chrysler 200 offers slightly more power, and both engines come paired to Segment-First 9-speed automatic transmission.
- 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir I-4: Generates up to 184 horsepower and 173 lb-ft of torque, all while allowing for 10.2 L/100 km in the city and 6.4 on the highway.
- 3.6L Pentastar V6: Makes up to a Best-in-Class 295 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque and allows for 12.4 and 7.5.
Both the 2016 Dodge Dart and the 2016 Chrysler 200 come with plenty of space for passengers and cargo, but they differ markedly in terms of their overall atmosphere once you slip inside.
The Dart is sporty and eye-catching, with an interior that is centrally-defined by a stunning floating island bezel; it uses LED lighting around its rim to create an illusion of floating. The cabin is driver-centric, with everything exactly where you feel it should be. In contrast, the 200 is an executive machine. An electronic parking brake and a Rotary E-shirt help create a clean, open aesthetic for you to enjoy.
Both the 2016 Dodge Dart and the 2016 Chrysler 200 surpassed industry expectations by scoring a top 5-star safety rating after extensive crash tests conducted by the NHTSA. The 2016 Chrysler 200 even picked up a coveted Top Safety Pick+ award from the IIHS, while the Dart was awarded a standard, but still impressive, Top Safety Pick award.
You’ll also be treated to an extensive range of safety features with either vehicle, including Stability Control, Anti-Lock Brakes, and Traction Control, and both can be fitted with a Blind-Spot Monitoring system with Rear Cross-Path Detection. However, only the 200 offers:
- Class-Exclusive Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go
- Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
- Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking
You’ll Find Both the 2016 Dodge Dart and the 2016 Chrysler 200 at Jackson Dodge
No matter your choice of sedan, the team here at Jackson Dodge will be able to help you out. To find out more, or even to organize a couple of test drives, just drop by our showroom today. We look forward to seeing our Maple Creek and Brooks customers, so make sure you come see us soon!