Dodge Grand Caravan vs. Kia Sedona
2016 Dodge Grand Caravan
2016 Kia Sedona
Are you hunting for an affordable minivan that combines steady power with impressive versatility and a wide range of features? Look no further: the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan gives you the biggest bang for your buck. To see why, just compare our model to its competitor, the 2016 Kia Sedona.
Better Towing Capability
Whether you and your family are traveling from Maple Creek to Tillebrook, or from Brooks to Kinbrook Island, you’ll want to know that you’re driving the sturdiest vehicle with the best towing capacity available. Sure, the 2016 Kia Sedona is stylish, but it can’t compare to the Dodge Grand Caravan when it comes to power:
- Grand Caravan – With a 3.6 litre Pentastar VVT V6 engine, 260 lb-foot of torque, and Best-in-Class 283 horsepower, the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan provides greater towing capacity than its rival.
- Sedona – Yes, it provides 3,500 pounds of towing capability, but the Sedona’s 3.3L Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) 6-cylinder engine can only muster 276 horsepower and 248 lb-foot of torque.
More Affordable Features
There’s no denying that the 2016 Kia Sedona is an elegant vehicle. But elegance has its price—and in the case of the Sedona, it’s high. Yet while many of the Sedona’s plushest features are only available in higher-level trims, the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan makes an abundance of comparable features available at a reasonable price.
- Grand Caravan – The Canada Value Package—which starts at $21,895—includes dual-zone air conditioning, 7 air bags, and SiriusXM Satellite Radio (with a one-year subscription).
- Sedona – Its makers tout the 2016 Kia Sedona for its luxury features, like a smart power liftgate, tri-zone climate control, and a dual-panel power sunroof. But the first two options are available only with the Kia Sedona SX—which starts at $35,795—and even higher-level trims, while the dualpane sunroof is offered only with the SXL, which is nearly $20,000 more expensive than the baseline Dodge Grand Caravan.
Space, Space Space
What’s more essential to a minivan than space? At the end of the day, what you’ll need more than anything else is a versatile interior:
- Grand Caravan – All trims come with 3rd-row Stow ‘n Go seats, which can be folded and stowed below the floor, but mid- and higher-level trims also come with Industry-Exclusive 2nd-row Super Stow ‘n Go seats, which allow you to use a one-touch fold-down device stow seats in no time, creating ample storage room for cargo.
- Sedona – The 2016 Kia Sedona comes with below-the-floor 3rd-row seat storage, but 2nd-row seats, while adjustable, cannot be stowed, meaning that vehicle offers significantly less versatility when it comes to interior space.
Visit Our Dealership in Brooks to View the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan
The 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan combines practicality, affordability, and reliability, all at a significantly lower price than the 2016 Kia Sedona. See for yourself by visiting our Jackson Dodge dealership at 1500 Strachan Road SE Medicine Hat, AB.