2016 Jeep Cherokee vs. 2016 Toyota RAV4
2016 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Toyota RAV4
With vastly more horses beneath the hood, a trove of industry awards, plus thoroughly up-to-date and diverse capability features, the 2016 Jeep Cherokee is years ahead of the 2016 Toyota RAV4. Any Maple Creek and Brooks drivers looking for an uncompromising crossover with power to spare and unmatched potential should look no further than the Cherokee. Keep reading to see how the 2016 Jeep Cherokee compares to the 2016 Toyota RAV4.
Power and Performance
Jeep are known for producing vehicles that offer superior power and performance compared to their rivals – it’s what their reputation is built around. However, even by that standard, the 2016 Jeep Cherokee is dramatically more capable than the 2016 Toyota RAV4, with two powerhouse engines available for Maple Creek and Brooks drivers to choose from.
- 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir I-4: Even the standard engine is capable of delivering up to 184 horsepower to your command.
- 3.2L Pentastar VVT V6: The Cherokee’s available engine is a whole other breed. It makes up to 271 horsepower, offering Stop/Start technology for enhanced efficiency, and tows up to a Best-in-Class 2,041 kg (4,500 lb).
The 2016 Toyota RAV4 entirely fails to live up to that standard. It provides just one engine across all trim levels – a 176-horsepower 2.5L four-cylinder engine that isn’t even able to keep pace with the Cherokee’s standard powerhouse.
The 2016 Jeep Cherokee has been named Four Wheeler magazine’s ‘Four Wheeler of the Year’, and it offers Best-in-Class capability to back that honor up.
With a Selec-Terrain Traction Management System with modes for Auto, Snow, Sport, Sand/Mud, and Rock ensuring sure-footed handling across all types of terrain, a Class-Exclusive 9-speed automatic transmission to provide seamless power delivery, and up to 220 mm (8.7 in) of ground clearance, the Cherokee roundly outperforms the RAV4, and even offers three separate 4X4 modes to the Toyota’s one.
- Jeep Active Drive I: Perfect for Maple Creek and Brooks drivers who need all-weather peace of mind.
- Jeep Active Drive II: Ideal for flat-towing heavier items behind your Cherokee, such as RVs.
- Jeep Active Drive Lock: The option of choice for drivers who desire nothing more than the toughest the backcountry has to offer.
Features and Technologies
The 2016 Jeep Cherokee comes with several features as standard that the 2016 Toyota RAV4 makes you pay extra for, and many of them seem alarmingly simple not to be included across all models.
- CD Player
- Radio Data System
- LED Daytime Running Lights
Maple Creek and Brooks drivers will also be able to benefit from exclusive available technologies when they’re behind the wheel of a Cherokee, including the renowned 8.4 NAV multimedia centre, which offers a Largest-in-Class 8.4-inch touchscreen, 3D mapping, turn-by-turn directions, and advanced voice command technology.
The Unparalleled 2016 Jeep Cherokee is Now Available from Jackson Dodge
Whether you’re looking for power, performance, or technology, the 2016 Jeep Cherokee ultimately leaves the 2016 Toyota RAV4 far behind. To find out more about the Cherokee, or to experience it for yourself, just come down to the showroom at Jackson Dodge today. We look forward to putting our Maple Creek and Brooks customers behind the wheel of this highly-capable SUV, so make sure to visit us soon to take it for a test drive!