Ram 1500 vs. Toyota Tundra
2016 Ram 1500
2016 Toyota Tundra
The 2016 Ram 1500 has been named Four Wheeler’s ‘2016 Pickup Truck of the Year’, so it’s no surprise that Maple Creek and Brooks drivers choose it over the 2016 Toyota Tundra. With more power to draw upon, superior onboard features, and an unparalleled interior, the Ram 1500 is simply untouchable, and it’s available now from Jackson Dodge. Learn more about how the 2016 Ram 1500 stacks up to the 2016 Toyota Tundra in this quick comparison guide.
Powertrains and Capability
- Class-Exclusive 3.0L EcoDiesel V6: The only diesel in the segment delivers up to 240 horsepower and a Class-Leading 420 lb-ft of low-end torque.
- 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6: The V6 has appeared on Ward’s ’10 Best Engines’ list three times, and makes up to 305 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.7L HEMI V8: The mighty HEMI delivers up to 395 horsepower and 410 lb-ft of torque.
The 2016 Toyota Tundra tops out with a 5.7L V8 capable of up to 381 horsepower and 401 lb-ft of torque, so it never matches the 1500. That’s reflected in tow ratings; the 1500 can haul up to 10,640 lbs., while the Tundra can take between 6,800 and 10,500.
Design and Functionality
The 2016 Ram 1500 doesn’t just overpower the 2016 Toyota Tundra – it also offers a more robust design. Maple Creek and Brooks drivers will only receive the RamBox cargo management system with the 1500; it is remotely lockable, fully-waterproof, and incorporates LED box lighting, plus handy tie-downs to let you secure larger, heavier items.
1500 owners will also experience Best-in-Class cargo versatility thanks to the vehicle’s impressively functional interior, which offers:
- Rear Under-Seat Storage Bins
- Fold-Flat Load Floor System
- Behind-the-Seat Storage
- Class-Exclusive In-Floor Storage
Whether you need to haul more in the bed or take all your valuable bits and pieces in the cabin, things will work out better when you’re driving a 1500.
- 8.4 Multimedia Center: Control your music, smartphone and available premium navigation system from a crystal-clear 8.4-inch touchscreen. The Tundra’s offers, at best, a 7-inch alternative.
- Electronic Rotary Dial: This Segment-Exclusive feature comes as standard with the TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission system. All you need to do to select a gear is turn the large dial on the instrument panel.
- Active Air Grille Shutters: Shutters automatically open and close based on driving conditions to ensure optimal aerodynamic performance at all times.
The 2016 Ram 1500 is Stronger, Smarter, and More Capable than the Tundra
The Toyota Tundra isn’t a bad truck, but it never comes close to matching the 2016 Ram 1500. To test-drive yours today, or to find out more, just contact one of the team at Jackson Dodge. We can’t wait to put our Maple Creek and Brooks customers behind the wheel of this exclusive truck, so hurry on down to our showroom to take it for a spin!