Trim Levels and Price
With 11 trim levels to choose from, the 2016 Ram 1500 can truly handle any job you could throw at it. The team at Ram have made sure that there’s a model to suit every purpose; here’s a small selection of what’s on offer:
- ST: Starting at $30,095, the ST is the entry-level 1500, but it includes plenty of standard features to let Maple Creek and Brooks drivers enjoy their ride, including a 6-speaker sound system, air conditioning, cruise control, and quad lens halogen headlamps.
- HFE: Starting at $36,895, the HFE (High Fuel Efficiency) is Canada’s most fuel-efficient pickup ever. It includes state-of-the-art efficiency features to get every last drop of power from your fuel, including Active Air grille shutters, Stop/Start technology, and an electronic 8-speed automatic transmission.
- Rebel: Starting at $53,395, the Rebel lives up to its name with a convention-defying blacked-out grille and a 20-inch “RAM” stamped tailgate. It’s also incredibly capable off-road, employing 33-inch all-terrain tires, Active-Level four-corner air suspension, and a twin-snorkel sport hood.
- Laramie Limited: Starting at $61,495, the Laramie Limited combines work-ready performance with a flawless level of luxury. The interior includes an all-black trim with Argento wood accents, plus full-leather seats and a Uconnect 8.4 NAV multimedia centre with an 8.4-inch touchscreen and premium navigation.
Powertrains and Efficiency
The 2016 Ram 1500 doesn’t just prioritise driver choice when it comes to trim levels – Maple Creek and Brooks drivers will also be able to choose from three available powertrains:
- Class-Exclusive 3.0L EcoDiesel V6: The 2016 Ram 1500 is the only light duty truck in the industry to offer a diesel engine, so it easily allows for Best-in-Class efficiency ratings of up to 11.3 L/100 km in the city and 8.0 on the highway. At the same time, an output equal to 240 horsepower and a Class-Leading 420 lb-ft of low-end torque will be yours to command.
- 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6: The 3.6L Pentastar has won Ward’s Best Engines a staggering three times, and is capable of delivering up to 305 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque. Paired to an 8-speed automatic transmission system, it achieves up to 12.9 L/100 km in the city and 9.3 on the highway.
- 5.7L HEMI VVT V8: The HEMI V8 is all about power – it’s a clear frontrunner for drivers requiring earthshaking performance. It draws upon an output of up to 395 horsepower alongside 410 lb-ft of torque, earning up to 17.1 L/100 km in the city and 12 on the highway with a 6-speed automatic transmission or 15.8 and 10.9 with an 8-speed automatic.
Thanks to its outstanding powertrain lineup, the 2016 Ram 1500 is able to boast the extreme level of capability necessary to handle any job with ease and confidence. For example, you’ll be able to haul up to a phenomenal 10,640 lb (4,826 kg) with the available integrated Class IV hitch receiver and Trailer Brake Control system, and pile the truck-bed with plenty of cargo thanks to the impressive maximum payload of up to 1,890 lb (857 kg).
But the 1500 doesn’t just let you take what you need, it also allows you to take it wherever it needs to go. A capable off-roader, it offers an available electronic shift-on-demand transfer case which lets you cycle between two 4×4 settings. 4-HI locks both drive shafts to provide exceptional traction; 4-LO provides a 2.64:1 gear reduction ratio to let you climb over tricky obstacles.
Interior Space and Versatility
Your Ram 1500 is available with Best-in-Class cargo The 2016 Ram 1500 offers Best-in-Class cargo versatility, with regular, quad, and crew cab configurations and three box lengths – from 5’7″ right up to a sprawling 8′. There are also plenty of standard and available features to let you organise your storage space, including:
- Rear Under-Seat Storage Bins
- Behind-the-Seat Storage
- Class-Exclusive In-Floor Storage
- RamBox Cargo Management System
Comfort and Convenience Features
In addition to its generous dimensions, award-winning style, and comfortable interior, the 2016 Ram 1500 allows Maple Creek and Brooks drivers to take advantage of some of the most advanced technologies around, including:
- Uconnect Multimedia Centres: Controlled from either a 5-inch or 8.4-inch touchscreen, the Uconnect offers features such as Siri Eyes Free natural language voice commands and a Do Not Disturb feature that can automatically send calls to voicemail.
- Park-Sense Front and Rear Park Assist System: Employs six ultrasonic sensors up front and four in the rear to measure your distance to obstacles while maneuvering, providing a warning chime that varies according to your distance.
- All-New Media Hub: Connect your personal devices to either the standard USB port or auxiliary input jack or the Uconnect 8.4’s SD card slot.
Find Your 2016 Ram 1500 at Jackson Dodge
The 2016 Ram 1500 is simply unsurpassed in the light truck segment. To arrange a test drive – or for further information – don’t hesitate to contact one of the team at Jackson Dodge today. We can’t wait to put our Maple Creek and Brooks customers behind the wheel of this colossal pickup!