Advanced Safety Features Come Standard on the 2016 Ram 1500
Maple Creek and Brooks drivers will have total peace of mind when they get behind the wheel of the 2016 Ram 1500 thanks to its top safety ratings and advanced safety features. With standard features like advanced multistage driver and front passenger air bags as well as anti-lock brakes and available Park-Sense Rear Park Assist System, it’s easy to see why the Ram 1500 is one of the safest trucks on the roads. Keep reading to learn all about the 2016 Ram 1500 safety features.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Rating
The 2016 Ram 1500 was recently awarded four stars by the NHTSA for overall safety, so Maple Creek and Brooks drivers can rest assured they will be in good hands when they get behind the wheel of this. The Ram 1500 also received the top score of “Good” in the moderate overlap front test.
Standard Safety Features
Even base models for the 2016 Ram 1500 come with a host of standard safety features that will keep you and your passengers safe in the event of a collision. Such features include:
- Advanced multistage driver and front passenger air bags
- Supplemental side-curtain air bags
- Supplemental front-seat-mounted side air bags
- Four-wheel antilock disc brakes with Brake Assist
- Tire pressure monitoring system with display screen
- Electronic Stability Control with Hill Start Assist
- Trailer Sway Control
- Electronic Roll Mitigation
- Rain Brake Support
- Ready Alert Braking
- Traction Control
Available Safety Features
A number of available safety features can be added when you upgrade to a higher trim level on the 2016 Ram 1500. With a mid-range Laramie trim, you’ll add the following safety features:
- ParkView® Rear Back-Up Camera: Reverse with confidence thanks to this advanced rear camera system that lets you see behind your vehicle when in reverse.
- Park-Sense® Rear Park Assist System: Four sensors in the rear detect obstacles that may be in your blind spot and audible chime will sound to alert you.
If you opt for the top-of-the-line Laramie Limited, you’ll also be able to add these convenient driver assistance technologies:
- Park-Sense® Front and Rear Park Assist: Adds front sensors for obstacle detection.
- Trailer Brake Control: When you’re towing something large this feature will give you a steadier ride and more control
Test-Drive the 2016 Ram 1500 at Jackson Dodge Today
There’s more than just safety features to love about the 2016 Ram 1500, but you’ll have to come down to Jackson Dodge to find out what more it can offer you. Maple Creek and Brooks customers can visit our showroom today to arrange a test drive or contact us online to find out more.